About the Set Free Summit
Pornography is pervasive in our culture—in TV shows and movies, on your neighbor’s magazine cover on the airplane, and especially on the Internet. Even Christian men and women can get caught up in this addictive behavior, and yet most church leaders don’t have a clue about how to broach the subject at all, let alone break free.
On April 4-7, 2016, Josh McDowell Ministries and Covenant Eyes are hosting the Set Free Summit, a global summit to equip church leaders with the facts and emotional realities of porn’s impact on families, the church, and culture at large. This event, held in Greensboro, NC, will feature the presentation of a brand new study by the Barna Group, as well as three full days of information presented by Christian leaders from across the country.
Fast Facts About the Event
- April 4-7, 2016
- 1,000 tickets available
- Features all-new research about pornography across various denominations from the Barna Group
- Nearly 30 speakers scheduled to give 23 talks
About Josh McDowell Ministry
The purpose of Josh McDowell Ministry is serving others until the whole world hears about Jesus.
Josh McDowell Ministry, a division of Cru, serves to multiply disciples until the whole world knows that the Christian faith is reliable, relational, and relevant to their lives.
The Ministry serves students, parents, leaders, churches, and virtual movements through the production of innovative events and cutting edge ministry resources in the heart languages of people everywhere.
About Covenant Eyes
Covenant Eyes provides Internet Accountability and Internet Filtering software. Its Accountability Reports are designed for having conversations to talk about where you struggle online and help you find freedom. Its Internet Filter blocks unwanted sites altogether.
In addition to these services, Covenant Eyes provides resources to help men and women break free, as well as help train parents about protecting kids online. Free e-books include:
- Coming Clean: Overcoming Lust Through Biblical Accountability
- More Than Single: Finding Purpose Beyond Porn
- Protecting Your Family Online: A How-To Guide for Parents
- Stop the Demand: The Role of Porn in Sex Trafficking
The Pervasive Problem of Pornography (10 Stats)
All sources are available in our Pornography Statistics pack.
- 9 out of 10 boys and 6 out of 10 girls are exposed to pornography before age 18.
- 68% of young adult men and 18% of women use porn at least once every week.
- 64% of Christian men and 15% of Christian women say they watch porn at least once a month.
- 63% of adult men and 36% of adult women have looked at porn while at the workplace at least once in the last 3 months.
- 20% of regular porn users prefer the excitement of viewing porn to sexual intimacy with their partners.
- 56% of divorce cases involved one party having an obsessive interest in pornographic websites.
- 1 in 5 mobile searches are for pornography.
- Porn use increases the risk of committing sexual offenses by 22%.
- 88% of scenes in porn films contain acts of physical aggression, and 49% of scenes contain verbal aggression.
- In 2007, global porn revenues were estimated at $20 billion.
The digital age is shaping the morality of today’s culture. Two decades ago, we could largely control the information our children consumed during their early years. No more. Incredibly, recent studies show that 67% of young men and 49% percent of young women consider viewing pornography to be acceptable behavior.
It gets worse: few pastors know how to even bring up the subject in their churches, let alone address it and help people break free. And even though statistics show that 64% of Christian men and 15% of Christian women watch porn at least once a month, many pastors prefer to think, “Not my church!”
During 52 years of working with young people, Josh McDowell has become convinced that we need to address the pervasive problem of pornography head on. He and Covenant Eyes have partnered up to host the Set Free Summit. Running from April 4-7, 2016 in Greensboro, NC, this incredible event will feature nearly 30 Christian thought-leaders presenting practical advice on addressing pornography in the church and among individuals. The Summit will also unveil a special study by the Barna group, presenting detailed statistics about pornography use by denomination.
Learn more and sign up today at www.setfreesummit.org.