***CAUTION: ADULT CONTENT***
We really have to be on our guard men, our society tells us one thing and then advertises another.
- Payday candy bar. To my shock and dismay they used the inference and imagery of a “flasher” to advertise their product. They actually show the wrapper being removed and pixellate the area where genitalia would be. If a person does this in our society it is considered deviant behavior and punishable in our legal system.
- Devour foods use the same tactics to sell their products with a catch phrase that says “Food you want to Fork.” This after they show an imaginary relationship between a man who scolds his food, “spanks” it with his fork, and then is commended by a fellow male worker. Simulating an abusive physical and sexual relationship with a woman. This is fringe sexual behavior that is attempting to be shown as normal and acceptable.
- Dollar Shave Club similarly pushes the boundaries by showing a male in an airplane restroom, with a stewardess knocking on the door. Quickly switch post liaison to an obviously disheveled man and the woman getting dressed. Yeah the “mile high” club. Then he states that the Dollar shave club is the best club he’s ever joined. This advocates casual, anonymous and dangerous sex. What about the risk of STD’s, the epidemic of our time?
Added to these atrocities are simple references made in the media:
- American Pickers: Mike refers multiple times to the “Money Shot.” This is a term used in the porn industry to describe a male porn star ejaculating into a females face.
- Local sports radio: In a commentators attempt to illuminate how good a certain offensive play would be for his team, he says it causes him to have a “wet Dream”. A term used to describe an involuntary ejaculation during sleep.
These are just a few examples of what can be found. I haven’t even addressed the content of sitcoms, movies and music.
Our media system is highly sexualized and to the point of humor when it comes to criminal acts! We defend their right to do this, its called freedom of speech. We are outraged when a judge gives no jail time to a father who commits incest upon his 12-year-old daughter or a young male swimmer who rapes and gets a ridiculously light sentence. Yet we accept all this perversion without recognition or complaint.
Men, we must be acutely aware of what I call entry-level pornography. Soft porn is everywhere, it is as prevalent as the air we breathe and it is an introduction to an addictive compulsion you cannot afford to give in to.
Those who want to say I am overreacting are entitled to their opinion, but when you combine these messages with the brokenness in our individual lives, disaster could be just at your doorstep. Sexual addiction is real and we are often ignorant to its insatiable desire to infect everything it touches. The unseen cost of giving into that momentary peek at porn is separation from God, isolation, disease, pain, regret and shame. We are taught that with success comes privilege, entitlement and a host of luxuries we deserve. Let us instead try humility, reverence, respect and integrity.
Men of faith, stand your ground when society pummel’s you with sinful idea’s, our strength is found in Jesus Christ.
James 4:6-8Living Bible (TLB)
But he gives us more and more strength to stand against all such evil longings. As the Scripture says, God gives strength to the humble but sets himself against the proud and haughty. So give yourselves humbly to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and let your hearts be filled with God alone to make them pure and true to him.